Wednesday, September 21, 2016

Flood story Myths

I have noticed that a lot of religion and myths have similar stories and concepts.  In most of these, there is a flood story.  In the epic of Gilgamesh, Gilgamesh traveled to a Far land to meet Godlike figure. When Gilgamesh met this man this man had a story of him surviving a flood. I will show how most cultures have a story like this. I will compare the epic of Gilgamesh to the Greek flood story. I will compare and contrast the flood stories of these two events.
           Both of these stories have the main character end up on a mountain when the flood was over.  In the epic of Gilgamesh, Uta was warned that there was going to be a flood but in the Greek story Deleon had no idea that there was going to be a flood at all. Delion built a boat to survive but Uta built a huge ark.
          I got this information at:
https://www.britannica.com/topic/Deucalion#ref130221

No comments:

Post a Comment